On Feb. 14th, we celebrate Ash Wednesday the beginning of our Lenten Journey together as a Catholic School Community. Our Ash Wednesday Celebration will take place at 9:15 in our school gym.
We look forward to having pancakes on Tuesday to celebrate Shrove Tuesday and celebrate Valentine’s Day and the 100th Day of School.
Ash Wednesday begins the season of Lent, and should take precedence over any other Memorial Day. This year for 2018, Ash Wednesday, Valentine’s Day and the 100th Day of School all fall on February 14th, the beginning of our Lenten journey as a Catholic School Community.
As a school staff, we have decided that in keeping […]
Here are some messages that can be used to help build positive mental health:
- It’s okay to talk about mental health and ask for help
- It’s important to learn positive ways to manage stress/anxiety/sadness, and to practice strategies (deep breathing)
- Anxiety/worry is normal and it helps protect us from danger by getting our body ready to […]
If you would like to learn more about anxiety, depression and calming skills, here are some helpful links:
- “I had a black dog” video about depression: http://bit.ly/19oUFYT
- Video about why we worry: http://bit.ly/2ksqV8B
- Breathing exercises: http://bit.ly/2kPveuk and www.duffthepsych.com/stopanxiety/
If you are interested in learning more about how to promote positive mental health in your child by […]
“To move ahead with confidence is to know that there is a God who goes before you
as your captain and your guide.” (Roy Lessin)
Let us keep in our prayers the Grade 2 students as they prepare to receive their First Reconciliation at St. Ambrose Parish on February 22nd at 6:30 p.m. This celebration emphasizes […]